Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Adopted Child

As a child I was considered a father-less child, my birth-father passed away when I was 1 years old. So since I was 1 till about 3 my mother was the mother and father in my life. At this point in life I'm the only child. At the age of 3 my mother met my stepfather and eventually married and had kids by him. He took me in like I was his own , and didn't treat me any different than his other children. Soon he and my mother decided that it would be a great idea for him to adopt me, then I would officially be considered his child. I was only 8 at the time but this was the greatest feeling ever , knowing that I actually had a father knowing he technically wasn't. Back then it really didn't make sense to me , I knew what was going on but I really couldn't make sense of it all. As the years went by I understood it even more and I will forever love my stepfather being a father to me. Without a father figure like him in my life steering me down the right path, I would not have made it this far and I damn sure wouldn't have made it to college. So I always let him know how thankful and appreciative I am of him. I can sort of relate to children that are considered father-less, I'm just fortunate I had someone to step up to the plate and be a father figure in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment